Nov 15, 2008

Getting Over a Bad Haircut

So for the last two weeks I have been trying to get over a bad haircut. Not my hair, but my daughter’s. You see, my daughter wanted to get her hair cut short like her friends, but I was just really starting to like it the length it was, especially after the lat MAJOR haircut. (For those of you that don’t know, my daughter decided to give herself a haircut last April right before her fourth birthday. She was really into having me do her hair different ways. I never thought in a million years she would cut it herself! You see, I left her alone in the kitchen cutting a project from school and I came back to 6 inch swirls of hair on the floor under her. I freaked out!!! I immediately called two friends; one to help console me and the other a hairdresser. My friend came over about an hour later and cut six to eight inches off my daughter’s hair! My daughter thought she looked so cute and showed it off all afternoon. I admit it did look cute on her, but I loved her long hair.)

After months of finally getting used to the shoulder length hair, she wanted to go shorter. I figured she is old enough to decide what she wants. We made the appointment and someone new cut it this time (which made me even more nervous). My daughter had a huge grin on her face the whole time it was being cut! She kept asking if it was short like her friend’s hair. When it was all cut and even dried she beamed from ear to ear as she showed it to me. She LOVED it and said she looked so cute. She asked me what I thought (although I truly hated it, I couldn’t tell her). I simply told her I liked it better longer, but as long as she liked it that is all that matters. I think I was so shocked at how different she looked with short hair. She no longer looked like a baby, or even a little girl…she looked all grown up! I think I was mostly sad because I could no longer do pigtails, braids or even ponytails. Why do they have to grow up so fast?

Well, two weeks later I think I have finally got used to her new look. She does look cute, just older and not like a little girl. She still LOVES it and that is all that matters. Besides, it will grow LOL!
Here are some pictures...
Old hair style.

The New Haircut!

1 comment:

  1. it's just me, but I think she looks adorable :0) We all have to accept the fact that one day we will look at our children and the little children in them will no longer be there. They will grow and evolve before our eyes. Just like that.

    ReplyDelete